Available in all versions
The arrange tool is a manual multi-purpose tool that allows you to move around your model in the build volume and rotate it around the Z axis to pack them.
A second version will automatically arrange your models based on their shape in the build volume.
Usage constraints #
- You should always check if nothing is colliding using the Proximity detection tool.
For example, supports far from the model could be in contact with another model.
- The arrange-all is a one-click solution. It’s faster than doing it by hand, but it has some limitations: Models can’t overlap each other in Z even if they don’t collide.
- Keep in mind that you can tweak by hand after an auto arrange.
- If all models don’t fit in the build volume, they will be packed on the side in a copy of the original build volume.
- You can click multiple times for a different solution and change the minimum distance between the models in the preferences to find the best solution. File > Preferences > Auto arrange Tool.
The arrange tool is located in the Layout workspace in the left toolbar.
- Click on the Tool icon to select it.
- Select a model.
- Use the green or the red arrow to move on one axis (X/Y), and the yellow square to move on both axes simultaneously.
- Use the blue arc to rotate the model around the Z-axis.
- Alternatively, you can input values directly in the right panel.
The arrange all button is located in the same right panel
- It will automatically arrange all the models for you in the build volume. It will move and rotate your models by default.
- Note: The same Arrange All function can be found as an option or a button in the Copy Tool, and the Move Tool.
Additional information #
- The auto-arrange tool has multiple parameters available in the preferences.
In the top menu, File > Preferences > Auto arrange Tool.
- Arrange All after duplicating object: In the Layout workspace, the copy tool will create duplicates of your model. If Auto Arrange is activated, it will arrange all the models in the scene automatically.
- Distance between Objects: You can specify the minimum distance between the models
- Auto-Arrange Algorithms: You have two versions available, shape and rectangle.
Shape will move and rotate the models. It can place models inside the bounding box of another model if they are not colliding.
Rectangle will move around the model. It’s the legacy version.